Are you a caring parent that knows your child needs good math grades to get ahead in life, but your kind of “HELP” isn’t helping?
- Tired of the guilt that comes after fighting with your child over their math homework?
- Afraid that your child is not learning REAL math with Common Core?
- Feeling like you have to carry all the burden for your child’s learning by yourself?
STOP TRYING TO FIGURE IT ALL OUT ON YOUR OWN.
Learn how to inspire your child and improve their math grades without the fighting, nagging and pressure.
Helping your child excel in school without fighting is possible when you know that education is not about forcing children to memorize formulas and complete hours of homework. It is about teaching them to be explorers so they enjoy education and develop the skills to become life-long learners.
As parents, we’re used to the kind of education we grew up with: lectures, memorization, homework, and testing.The shift to Common Core successfully challenges that outdated method of learning.
The good news is that learning is not a watertight compartment. There is a way for you to get involved in your child’s education without learning everything they are being taught in class because learning doesn’t only occur when your child is in school! Learning happens when you’re in the kitchen cooking with your son, or building a fort in the yard with your daughter. This means there are many ways you can help your student learn math, because math is all around you.
When it comes to absorbing information, pressure does not create diamonds. It may feel like the right approach is to force your child to spend endless hours studying and memorizing but that practice generally leads to misbehavior and burnout in both you and your child.
The key to learning success is individual curiosity. Your child’s job is to learn, and you can be the guide. Their curiosity will naturally lead them toward a rich experience and successful learning.
REALLY WORKS TO
DEVELOP YOUR CHILD’S
(Hint: It’s not more math worksheets.)
Get relief with these 3 essential resources!
Math Booster! The Ultimate Cheat Sheet for Math Word Problems
Math Play for Everyday! Your Family Game List
13 Ways to Get Unstuck (Especially with CPM Math Homework)
- Encourage your child to explain his answers so others understand
- Help your child to get past the chronic “I don’t know what to do” feeling
- Use our list of family games to increase math ability while building a closer relationship
- Guide your child to keep going to solve their math problems with our proven, caring words
- Boost your child’s math enjoyment and confidence for life!